Blue-Eyed Tracy

Sunday, April 17, 2005

My voice in cyberspace

Well, here it is. I have been sharing with a few (very few) close friends and family that I want to start a blog, and I'm here . . .. and now what? I will share with you the reaction of my youngest sister (I have two sisters younger than me) when I told her I wanted to have a blog. "Why? What do these things have to say that makes you want to read them?" Once I gave her what I thought was a pretty good explanation of the world of blogs and the enjoyment in reading them she again said, "why?". And now that I"m reading over what I've just written I must say her question may have some validity to it. I think I should also add my other sister was present during the conversation and didn't say anyting really but just started at me like, "ok, whatever".

I was introduced to the world of blogs my my husand right around the beginning of the year and thought they were somewhat interesting. Most of his bookmarked blogs were political/news blogs, and pretty interesting, but the whole thing really took off for me once I started linking to other blogs. I was especially intrigued by blogs of stay-at-home-moms (like me!) and I felt like a whole new world opened up to me. My goal is to share my journey. Along the way I'll hopefully improve my writing by leaps and bounds and ultimately discover my voice as I respond to God's calling. What's that quote . . .He doesn't call the equipped, but equips the called?? I sure am going to need some "equipping"! Much inspriation has come from other tremendously gifted bloggers and they are referenced somewhere here on this page. (I think? - I'm still getting used to this format -please be patient.) I hope I can do justice to their examples.
I guess the answer to my own question of "now what?" is: now the fun begins.

1 Comments:

  • Blog on! I just started my blog last week, despite the fact that I don't have everything else in life where I want it to be. It's been fun. I'll be checking back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home