Blue-Eyed Tracy

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Was My Coffee Decaf This Morn?

I can't seem to shake the sleepies from my brain today. Usually this happens to me on overcast mornings (oddly known as June gloom) or cloudy days. However, the sun is out and it's a beautiful day . . so why do I keep yawning??

I'm still having issues with setting up the links I want on this page, but I've just decided that I'll keep making posts until I get it figured out. If I could link, I'd refer to two great posts by Barbara at Mommylife: one about the wonders of front loading, extra-large capacity washers (we're about to buy one!) , and the other on practicing the presence of God. I'm finding lately that my 'prayer closet' is my car, and as I drive from errand to errand I pray. Prayer for me meaning simply talking to God about my day, about whatever attitude I may be having and wondering why, and offering up prayers for those he brings to mind as I go up and down Ventura Blvd (the main SF Valley strip). I've also come accross a great new worship song . . . .although it's not a hynm or praise song, and it's not performed by a conetmporary Christian artist. Norah Jones' "Humble Me", and the chorus is simply "humble me, humble me, Lord,". I ponder how I become so full of myself and ask for forgiveness and the wisdom to see beyond me and live for HIm. Practicing the presence of God and praying for His eyes so I can see others and the situations they are in as He sees them. Once I do that it usually results in less criticism and more compassion. And isn't it so refreshing to recieve that from others too? You have a bad day, or do something you wish you had not, and instead of condemnation you receive grace; instead of disgust you get understanding; instead of the 10 things you must now do to fix the mess you are in you get a friend who listens and who "gets's it" and just lets you be yourself. And instead of getting all stressed out about what you didn't get right, you learn to laugh at yourself and rejoice that God's mercies are new every morning. Maybe it was my pastor, or a lecture by Beth Moore, who said our God is the God of second chances. And I'm so glad he is.

1 Comments:

  • Great post!

    I've been on blogger since July, and still haven't been able to figure out all the 'link' stuff.

    I relate to the coffee...mine feels like it was decaf this morning. But, it IS rainy and gloomy here.

    By Blogger Judy, at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home