Blue-Eyed Tracy

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A Mess

That is what my house is right now, and it never fails to amaze me how quickly it gets there. I'm not a complete-er. . (a word?) . . . I don't follow through. I get home from Target and put the bags on the counter, but don't put the items away. Then I scurry on to getting my son outdoors to play for a while before it's lunch-time. We look for lizards and dig in the dirt. He rides his toddler bike and now I'm on the phone making a car service appointment. I remember to bring the phone and calendar inside, but I leave them on the kitchen table. Now I'm on to making our lunches (leaving most of the fixin's on the counter) and we eat together. In the midst of that the UPS man comes to the door . .. the books I ordered have arrived. I immediately open the box and let my son "discover" what's inside. I put the books on the counter, but let him pull out the invoice, packing materials, & coupons. Ok, back to lunch ( box contents strewn all over the living room). Oh yeah, the dryer stopped so now I pull out the clothes and put them in the living room to be folded later. I forgot to mention, before we left for Target (we have no Wal-Mart) my son had been playing blocks in the hallway (?) so they still remain. Lunch is over and I let him "read" a Dora story on the internet while I scan my new books. Naptime! We clean-up the blocks and get son a fresh diaper. Sadly, instead of a few hours to read or whatever while he sleeps, I'll be picking up after myself. It's not always like this. . . .some days I'm much more conscientious. And on those days you'll get a much more interesting blog.

What is funny about this is my parenting belief of 'lead by example' . . . . I'm very big on modeling the right behavior and trusing that the kid will 'catch' it. Well, at this rate I won't have much to say when his room looks like a disaster area.

1 Comments:

  • I can SO relate!

    My youngest is 21 now. I was sure once the kids were all grown and gone (mostly gone) that I would emerge as a TOTALLY together, clean, neat and organized woman.

    But, alas...I'm still me, and the stuff I bought over the weekend is on the dining room table, my husband drove off with the dirty laundry from our trip still in the trunk, oh...and that calligraphy project I took on, drying on the windowsill...

    I'm rather a hopeful optimist though, and should have it all back under control, if not in this life, well...for sure in the next!

    By Blogger Judy, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home