Blue-Eyed Tracy

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Livin' in LA

Yes - I live in LA.

I kind-of forget this fact, but I'm usually reminded of the reality as I sit in crazy traffic just to make a quick trip to the grocery store . . . especially if it's anytime after 3pm on a weekday. Ok, my point in brining this up . . . celebrity sightings!

Even at church.

Ok, so the person I saw at church wasn't an official 'celebrity', but she is on a very popular sitcom right now. I have to admit I don't know her name. She's on "The Office" and plays one of the office staff, and I think her character was dating "Dwight" on the show . .?? She has very blonde hair. Seeing people in real life who are on TV is kind of an odd experience. I'm simply going throught the motions of my uninteresting existence in this city (usually errands) and my eyes are slowly scanning a sea of unfamiliar faces, when all of the sudden I'm recognizing someone right in front of me. And in a split second I realize it's not someone I know (like a friend) but someone from TV. (or a movie, but that's pretty rare). Shortly after the 'recognition moment' I turn away so I'm not staring at this person, who probably gets stared at quite bit. But, then I have to steal another glance to make sure who I'm seeing *really is* who I'm seeing. I have to remain very nonchalant and cool . . like I really could care less that this person is so recognizable. In the case of female celbrities, I'm always amazed at how small they are. I'm not huge, (5'8"), but the gal I saw today was probably around 5'4" and just tiny. Around the holidays I also had multiple sightings of Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the Teenage Witch), and she was 9 mo. pregnant. (She's now had the baby . . .a boy, I think.)

After I saw the gal from "The Office" and was making my way out of the building, I kind of wanted to tell her how much I enjoy the show. But I didn't. I felt like it might of been really intrusive of me - or she may have really appreciated the feedback - who knows.

Something else altogether . . . . . I heard about a website called happynews.com. It's real news from all around the world, but it's only positive stuff. Check it out if you get a chance, especially if you find yourself depressed by the regular news which tends to be mostly bad.

1 Comments:

  • hi

    you left a comment on my blog a long time ago. i just read it. what church do you go to? i have met a couple of celebrities too: bono, keanu reeves, robin williams and samuel jackson.

    when i met bono we chatted about eugene peterson and the message which was pretty cool.

    anyways - good blog.

    By Blogger Santosh, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home