Blue-Eyed Tracy

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Caution: Men At Work

Ok, so this week there will be various people working on and in my house. Does anyone else experience this. . . . the total awkwardness when you're home and someone is working in the house. They probably aren't even paying attention to what I'm doing - which should be the case if they are doing the work - but I feel so self-conscious! ESPECIALLY if I have a moment when my child isn't listening to me, or he's throwing a tantrum, etc. There is someone here now, but the part that makes it not so weird is that he's mainly working outside today (whew!). Painters will be here tomorrow, and I had planned on hanging out briefly while they set-up, go over any details, etc. and be on my merry way to escape the paint fumes and generally be out of the way. However, yesterday the painting company guy tells me they REALLY prefer that I be here the entire time they are painting. It's going to be 4-5 DAYS, and I'm suppose to stay here - with a two-and-a-half-year-old?? Hmmmm. I'll come up with something to do. It's a good lesson, in a way for me, becaue I'm usually way too concerned with what others are thinking of me, and having to remind myself, "You are not the center of everyone else's universe - they don't really care."

Now I'm being asked to make a kitty-cat out of play-dough. So not in my skill-set but I'll make a go of it.

2 Comments:

  • Oh, I feel your pain! I hate that too.

    And, the ONLY time they ever want or need my help happens to be when I am in the bathroom.

    By Blogger Judy, at 4:48 AM  

  • Yes! I cannot stand having strange workmen in the house, no matter how nice they are.

    I hope everything is going well for you...

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home