Blue-Eyed Tracy

Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy August

So, does anyone else have favorite and least favorite months?? Well, I do and I'm going to share what they are. November and April are my favorite months. August and February are my least favorite. I really want October to be my favorite month, but it is still way too hot here to really enjoy the whole Hallowwen/fall is here/go to the pumpkin patch/ drink hot cider and wear sweaters that is depicted in most magazines in the October issues. (Which of course arrives Sept. 1 - when it's still well over 100 degrees in much of Southern California!) Now, why are August and February my least favorites?? Hmmm . . well, August is just so darn hot, and mentally one might think, 'Oh September is comming - cooler weather', but NOT SO! So, the heat is so hot, and you know there is at least one more month of it to go. The cute tank tops and shorts that I was so excited about wearing back in May are now getting faded and, darn it, I'm just tired of sweating so much already! But, February?? Well, not much happens in February, and even here in sunny Southern Cal it can be cold, wet and dreary so much of the month. (And windy too) People living in states that have 'real' weather are gonna read this and say, 'cry me a river - you live in the best weather on the planet for crying out loud'. And really I should not complain. Especially because I live at the beach, too. But really, it has been so hot and humid here - are you having any sympathy for me yet?? I didn't think so. So, I'll just endure August. Maybe with all the sweating I'll drop the few pounds I'd really like to lose. Mabye there is a good side to August after all.

1 Comments:

  • I love October, because in Michigan October is absolutely gorgeous. My husband takes a week off at the end of October, another reason I like it!

    I don't like either July or August because they are hot and humid - yet extremely unpredictably so.

    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm looking forward to January! At this time in my life (haha) I cannot wait for it to be COLD. Freezing hat and mitten cold! I think I'll be sitting on my front porch more in the winter than I have so far this summer.

    (i really believe that i might be the cause of global warming!)

    By Blogger Judy, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home