Blue-Eyed Tracy

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Have A Blog?!

Yes, almost three months have gone by and yet, my blog has been on hold. It's almost as if I'm going along in life, reading blogs - other websites - soaking in all the cool stuff to be read and commented on out there and I sigh wistfully, "Oh, how cool it would be to have a blog and post about . . . . . " (In my head when I say this, it's in the voice of 'Dory' from Finding Nemo: But then Albert Brooks, a.k.a. 'Marlin' answers back: "You HAVE a blog, remember?", but you know Dory, and the short term memory loss and all . . ) ANYHOW, I realize, remember that yes, I actually do have a blog. So if I haven't been blogging, what have I been doing?? Hmmmm . . oh yeah, we put the house on the market - it sold - we packed-up stuff, got rid of stuff - found a new place to live (an ordeal in itself) - MOVED (can I please never do that again?) - went from being homeowners to renters. While all the aforementioned things were happening, my 3 1/2 yr. old got head lice and missed the whole end of pre-school. In fact, the head lice story has a little irony to it, because I discovered it the day after my realtor called to say, 'we have a solid offer, there will be no more showings', and I was planning on getting a bit of a break from the constant upkeep and cleaning, But, not only did I NOT get a break, all the cleaning intensified! And, my poor little Dude was subjected to constant head-checking from mom and dad for 3 weeks, along with the shampoo, etc. ,etc. Such an ordeal. But, we survived head lice and have lived to tell about it!

Other details . . . . we moved from the San Fernando Valley to Venice Beach, CA . . yes, quite a change. I could do a whole series of posts on what we've encountered while in Venice for the past month. It's fun, it's different, and I'm not nearly as car-bound for everything. The house is mostly unpacked - our only set back lately in getting all set up has been a double ear infection for the little guy and a sinus infection for me. (lovely).
I don't know quite how to wrap this up, other than to say, gotta go. I"ll be back to post more . . .sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home