Blue-Eyed Tracy

Thursday, September 21, 2006

This and That

So, we're in the market for a new couch. I've checked out a few stores and found one that may work well. Even so, I'm going to another store today to do just a little more research (and drive myself a little more crazy in the process.) We've been using an interim couch since our move in June, and it becomes more apparent each day how much it's not working (read: uncomfortable). Also, the material just isn't made for the daily use of 2 adults and a kid - it looks, well . . .gross. We are deciding between a sectional, and a couch with a chaise. They aren't that different really, but the plan is that we'd have this couch for many years to come, so we want to go with what will work best.

Other news: my son is waking up multiple times in the night. Ugggh! Talk about poor sleep. He wakes up CRYING quite hard, and then wants one of us (usually me) to sit with him on his bed until he falls back asleep. Sometimes I just lay down with him, but it's a toddler bed, so there isn't much room at all. The last two nights we've just brought him in with us. I don't know, sleeping with a 3 yr old squished right up against your back doesn't make for some decent sleep. What on earth is waking him up?? I think he's having bad dreams, but we try to just quiet things down and get him back to sleep quickly, so I don't ask him in the moment. During the day he's been very creative and imaginative - moreso than usual. I'm guessing his imagination is in overdrive for a phase, and it means he has dreams, sometimes bad ones. And his room, that he usually finds so cozy, scares him in the dark when he wakes up.

On a more positive note, I had a GREAT hair day yesterday. Yes, this is worth noting because I'm incredibly overdue for a haircut and color so it's been looking a little ragged lately. I had such a good hair day, that it still looks pretty darn good today. I may have to just go with it, rather than washing it and risk trying to recreate it and being very frustrated. Ahhh, the things that can make or break a day. I wish all my readers a wonderful hair day! (He ,he . . all 3 of you.)

1 Comments:

  • Great hair days always make for a good day!

    Yes, we can totally meet up if you'd like, just give me an email letting me know what days, times, work for you and we can go from there!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home