Blue-Eyed Tracy

Thursday, June 02, 2005

My 4 Hour Time Window

Our new washing machine is being delivered today. This will be the first time in my life I've owned a new washing machine. I'm excited, but also a little concerned. We requested it be delivered AND installed - however, the delivery people called yesterday and said "the paperwork" didn't show any installation services. We already paid the extra money for the installation part.

This is very important to us, since it means they will remove the old washing machine and hook-up the new one for us. My Corporate Executive Husband is not a handy guy. Now, I realize it may be a no-brainer to install this thing, but anytime husband and I try to do a project like this together it can get a little scary. Although - in his defense I must add that he did temporarily fix our dryer venting system and it's now working well. (A repair guy will come next week.)

Where's the dryer?? We were given a 1-year-old Whirlpool Duet Dryer. The previous owner couldn't use it in their house since it is electric and their new house hook-up is gas. I'm thanking God for our wonderful free dryer and praying we get some really nice installation guys to hook up the new washer today.

I must go since I have errands to run before I'm confined to the house waiting for the delivery guys. Hmmmm . . .I need a quote here since it is my week of quotes.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge."
-Daniel J. Boorstin

2 Comments:

  • I have a free dryer too! It's called clothes lines in the basement, clothes lines in the back yard, underwear hanging on every door knob and drawer pull...

    I think I like your kind better!

    Wouldn't it be a great movie theme, "Waiting for the repair man"?

    By Blogger Judy, at 3:56 AM  

  • Oh lucky you! My washer and dryer are only 4 years old, and I already hate them.

    My mom and dad got those cool Neptune ones, and I would like to break into their house and steal them one day. Of course, I will leave them my old ones.

    By Blogger Gina, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home