Blue-Eyed Tracy

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Today I was THAT Mom

So little guy and myself jump into the car for a quick grocery store trip. Just need a few things, and must be back home in 45min. to meet the bug man. Of course, traffic is . . well, there, and it takes longer than I'd like to get to the store. We go in, grab a few items, but little guy isn't in a cart. He does a GREAT job of walking right with me to get our necessary items and then we get to the check-out line. I'm a little stressed because I don't want bug man to leave the house if I'm not there in the specified time window - so I'm trying to hurry up a bit. Little guy suddenly decides he doesn't want to move up in line, so I have to pick him up while he's screaming "GET DOWN". I keep a calm voice and let him know he's not getting down, yet he keeps yelling. So, I'm obviously struggling to carry him and get out my money, club card, etc. I decide to set little guy on the small counter next to the card swiping machine. As I begin to swipe my card, he begins to fall backwards toward the checkout lady. I'm able to catch him, but I let out a pretty big frustrated sigh and firmly ask little guy to sit still while I punch in the numbers. The checkout lady glares at me. . . .I'm not really sure why, but there's no way I can put this kid on the ground 'cause he'll bolt. He's still yelling "GET DOWN" through all this. The bag guy puts my items in a grocery bag and asks if I need help out. I really do need help, but I say "no thanks" and proceed to put my son in the cart. Now he really starts to cry and yell. The whole way out of the store people are staring at me. Ahhhh . .. the joys of motherhood.

One more thing: the bag guys says to me as I'm struggling to put little boy in the cart, "good thing he can get a nap later", to which I reply "He's already had one."

1 Comments:

  • I love your reply "He's already had one". Classic. I like your blog. I'll be back.

    By Blogger Jana, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home