Blue-Eyed Tracy

Saturday, May 14, 2005

God's Alarm Clock

It's 6:27am as I begin this post. I've been up since 5:30 due to chirpping. I can totally relate to Gina and her feelings on the earlybirds.

I've been inspried by a few great posts lately, but getting the words to flow from my head to my fingers is proving to be challenging. It's going to be a busy day of car service, a graduation party, a birthday party and getting things ready for my husband's business trip - he leaves tomorrow. So, instead of cursing those little birds, I'm enjoying the quiet time to myself before the day takes off. Kind of like the calm before the storm.

I actually went to the movies last night with a girlfriend.
Can't even remember the last time that happened. I got to the theater early and just sat in the outdoor courtyard and read a magazine . . . . .from cover to cover in one sitting. Can't remember the last time that happened either. We saw the movie "Crash". Very interesting. The whole thing takes place in the context of my neighborhood (which is weird to see people on the big screen referring to the street I drive down every day). I actually only saw the first half of the movie. (Very long story) So, I guess I'll finish seeing it, someday?
My life is a series of unfinished movies, half-developed thoughts, and interrupted activities. I'm complex in thought, but simple in day-to-day living. I appreciate good design, beautiful art and well-appointed homes, but I don't need to live in that kind of enviornment to be happy. In fact the moment I become drawn into trying to make my home look a certain way, I descend down a slippery slope of discontentment. I will get to see my family today - mom, siblings and their signifigant others. I'm excited and anticipate our reunion, but there is an anxiousness in me too.

On a completely different note, little boy was stirring about 15min. ago, but I think he's gone back to sleep! There is a God in heaven and He does love me! Of course I know that's true, even on the really bad days, but I'm thankful for the reminder of his grace and unexpected gifts of time. Since He's given it to me, I think I'll go spend some time with Him . . . mabye that was the real reason for the birds at 5:30am.

1 Comments:

  • You are definitely more gracious about the birds than I am. I am glad that being up early gave you time to reflect!

    Hope your day was good!

    By Blogger Gina, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home