Blue-Eyed Tracy

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thwarting a Nap Strike

In my previous post I mentioned my hope that little boy would settle back into his napping routine. NOT SO MUCH. So , I have resorted to putting him in his pack-n-play for naptime

This post is interrupted by my computer COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT and erasing complete sentences and paragraphs of what I have written!! I re-typed certain things twice and then still had it deleted. I'm tired, I don't have the patience for this.

Anyways, to continue . . yes, he's now napping consistently in the pack-n-play, but sleeping in the big-boy-bed at night. He needs the nap, and I need him to get the nap.

I'm sad. A good friend who is a stay at home mom and has a son that my son loves to play with is going back to work next week. I will miss hanging out with her and having the two boys play together regularly. She found a great nanny, who I met today, and her boys (a younger son too) will be in good hands. My son and her son saw each other today for the first time since we've been back from vacation and they ran up and gave each other a hug. It was very sweet.

Does anyone elses kids have a tough time with life when they are about to go through a developmental milestone, change or growth spurt? I think mine is one the verge of something of that sort because he is set off by the slightest thing lately. (Maybe it's just that he's 2 going on 3??) Twice today he was instantly in tears over which book I was going to read to him. He's suddenly doing a lot of pretend play, and his vocabulary seems to grow tremendously each day. He loves to either be a cat or a dog.
There's so much going on in life when your 2 & 1/2 - I think I'd have a hard time with it too.

1 Comments:

  • I have noticed quite the few irregularities in Mr. Personality lately. He will be turning 3 at the end of Sept.

    And the nap thing, I have given up. He would only nap once or twice a week max, thus throwing our entire schedule off for days. I decided for the sake of a consistent schedule that I would no longer push the naps. He was a great napper up until the past few, so I took it as his signal that he is just done with them.

    By Blogger Gina, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home