Blue-Eyed Tracy

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day. .. .I think

Today is Mother's Day, but somehow my 2yr old boy didn't get the memo. If he had he might not have come down with his cold. Now when I really think about the timing of his cold, I realize it's actually the 'best' time for him to have one. . . we have a ton of family stuff going on next weekend and that would be a really bad time for him to get sick, so I am truly thankful that if he had to be sick it's now. It's just making for a tiring mom's day for me. What I've realized though is now that he's older, he's not nearly as needy when he's sick. When he was small being sick for him meant holding him constantly. He went through a year of chronic ear infections and I'd have to say I came very close to clinical depression with the lack of sleep and relentlessness of taking care of a sick baby. I wanted this. . .to be a mom and I truly do consider it a blessing that I even get to be one.

Sometimes holidays just don't live up to what we might envision. Even for my sister-in-law. . .. . her husband and son planned a cool weekend of fun for her (it's her birthday too), but their dog has become very ill. It's so sad - we hope the dog is going to make it. This dog is what most would consider an ideal pet and they love her dearly. (My son adores the dog as well.) So, mother's day and her birthday are overshadowed by the dog's health concerns.

Other randomness: We watched "Ray" last night. Such a compelling story, and the music is phenomenal. I now think that would have been worth seeing in a theater with surround-sound. Jamie Foxx deserved that oscar and every bit of acclaim he received for that role. Another movie I want to see, but of a totally different genre is the new Will Farrell movie, "Kicking & Screaming". It's about a dad (Will) who coaches his kid's soccer team. I doubt I'll make it to the theater for it, but you never know.

I have more I'd really like to post about, but my sleepy brain is making it tough to put together words. Happy Mother's day to all my fellow SAHM bloggers. I love being a part of this community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home