Blue-Eyed Tracy

Monday, June 27, 2005

Back in LA

We were gone for the weekend. Now we're back. Coming back can be depressing. No more lounging around, reading books, going to the park and eating out for almost every meal. (Nothin' fancy -but I didn't have to do any dishes!)

I got a spider bite just before we left. How did I know it was a spider?? Well, I was in the back yard and grabbed the broom leaning against the fence to sweep the patio. I realized that a spider web was attached to the broom and as I was getting it off me, I felt the bite. It swelled up pretty quickly and a little blister appeared too. I didn't get a look at the spider. The bite area has now healed, but I've been feeling lousy the past few days. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I think it's from the spider bite. Of course I typed "spider bite" into the Google search area, and found out more than I ever needed to know about any kind of bite one can get. No, I don't think it was a Brown Recluse, or a Black Widow, but it could possibly have been a Wolf Spider, or a Jumping spider.

I think the most depressing part about being back is the amount of work that needs to get done around here in the next few weeks. See, we're going to put our house on the market. It's the right move for alot of reasons, but I'm just dreading the process. I'll give more details later. For now I'm going to continue to freak myself out more by reading additional info on spider bites. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

3 Comments:

  • We are going to put our house on the market too! Are you going to move far or stay in the same area?

    We can commiserate with each other over all the work we have to do!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:53 PM  

  • I once had a brown recluse spider bite on my metacarpals. I found myself short of breath (I thought I was just excited about what God had been doing in our church for days, before passing out), and extremely loopy and fatigued. I really recommend going to the doctor if things don't return to normal, or lancing the bite and having your husband "vacuum" out the venom. We did both, and I can honestly say, it was wisdom! It was also the only time my husband ever did the vacuuming!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

  • I got bit by an earwig in bed last night.

    It's the 'downside' of hanging laundry on the line outside.

    By Blogger Judy, at 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home